Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Never In My Life Has It Felt So Good To Vote

Ahh, got to the polling place about 6:50, waiting about an hour, but not bad. Everyone was excited, cars driving by honking, a good atmosphere. I got in finally, and there it was (thanks to dcist for the photo) -

Barack Obama/Joe Biden - Democratic

I haven't really felt GOOD about voting for someone for a while. I like Mayor Fenty, but I moved into DC just after the election. This time I wish I was back in Virginia so my vote could be a little more helpful, but it still felt good to vote for Barack Obama. I hope that he turns out to be half as good as a president as he can be. At least things will be different now. Sometimes different is better no matter what different turns out to be, and this seems to me to be one of those times.

So let's cross our fingers and hope that change really does come by the end of the night tonight, and that tomorrow we have a better life to look forward to!

0 comments: