Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's That You're Listening To?

Before I get to the original point of my post, let me just say that I can't stand April Fools' Day. It's a stupid day. I spend my entire day wondering if things people say to me, or things I read are legitimate. How much time is wasted having to interpret every statement? A lot I think. Multiply that by 300 million people in the U.S., and you have a lot of wasted hours, say nothing of those wacky Canadians! We can't afford this sort of inefficiency with the world economy in such a state.

Here are some things I am not joking about:

I have been wishing and waiting for Postal Service to make another record, since Give Up is one of my favorite albums of all time. I don't know if they are listening, but fortunately we have some other artists out there to fill the void. Thanks to Pandora, I was able to find Owl City and The Blow. Both seem to be awesome upbeat synth-filled goodness that makes me feel like I am listening to really good 80s music without the absurd lyrics.

Other music I am very into right now:

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Anything by M83
Kings of Leon - damn they rock it out for shizzle
Sigur Ros - so weird, yet so money

I have also pulled the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack out of the dustbin. Not only does it contain many incredible songs - it also reminds me very vividly about some ridiculously fun times that I had my senior year in high school centered around that movie and the soundtrack.

I wish there was more time in the day, so that I could actually listen to all the music in my collection. In my limited library on my Macbook, I would have to listen for 28 days to get through it all! This is less than half of what I have! Makes me want to take a sabbatical, go sit on a beach with a giant pair of headphones and just close my eyes and listen...for 9 or 10 weeks.
blog comments powered by Disqus