Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Veterans Day Should Be Called Traffic Nightmare Day

So yesterday Jena says to me, hey it's Veterans Day. We should drive to work. There won't be any traffic. This makes sense to me. I agree with her. We drive. Here's the catch. Veterans Day is probably the most 'unobserved' holiday in the private sector. So there are still lots of folks going to work. The DC government thought it would be a good day to observe weekend parking laws. 4 lane roads became 2 lane roads. Some 3 lane roads became 2 or 1 lane roads. Did I mention it was trash day? So the trash trucks are one lane over from the parked cars, and all the other traffic is stuck in the ONE OPEN LANE. It took me 40 minutes to go .5 miles. Not awesome. Note to self: Always take metro.

Just started reading Alexander Hamilton, by Ron Chernow. Big book. Good so far. More on this later. It's 720 pages long, so the complete writeup could take a while =)

0 comments: